Monday, January 2, 2012

Craigslist Find: San Jose Crosley Sedan

Good way to start the year - a fine car for sale right here on the left coast!
This '47 sedan looks pretty good for being off the road for over a half century. Seller says it was last registered in 1955 and makes no mention of how it runs, so I'm guessing it doesn't.  It comes with an extra motor and trans, so maybe there was a problem with the original running gear....  $3400 in San Jose, California - if it's complete and doesn't have any rust that's not a bad price.
Since this is my first post of 2012 I should note that I made one of my resolutions for 2011: I doubled the number of posts from 2010! Bad news is that I failed at one of my others - I did not get any of my Crosleys on the road last year. I plan to remedy that situation this year - and I plan to make even more posts in 2012!

3 comments:

Ol' Man Foster said...

Feb 28: Down to $2600, now.

Anonymous said...

1951 Crosley wagon been rotting in my backyard in San Jose for 30 years. Free to anyone willing to come and haul it away. jwgreer62@gmail.com

Ol' Man Foster said...

JWGreer: just sent you a note!