Sunday, January 30, 2011

Midwest Crosley Dragster

I don't know a whole lot about Arnie. I've been following his posts on various sites about his Crosley-powered rail dragster for a couple of years and I also found out that he's into Amphicars as well as Crosleys. The dragster almost got sold last year, but then he found a Pepco blower for it and I guess he decided to keep it.



He posted this video of the car on the track (with and without blower), and I hope he won't mind that I've linked to it here. It's good footage, and there's a great Crosley moment at the 38 second mark where the car he's racing zips by like the Crosley is standing still. I've always felt that the motor is the best part of a Crosley, and thank god for guys like Arnie, the Liebherrs, and the Hmodders, all of whom are doing Lloyd Taylor proud.

4 comments:

archbishop said...

That's great! What's his times?

Ol' Man Foster said...

don't know... i think he topped out in the seventies...

arnie said...

Actually, I ran a 19.66@66mph, stalled on "launch". I am looking for 18's@ 70 something, next time out. The car will be at the Milwaukee Autorama on the 18th-20th of Feb. See you there!

Anonymous said...

Latest run was a 17.153@ 75.67!!Going to the Hunnert car Heads up on sat June 16th 2012. Arnie